Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
Our campus will be offering a STEM Summer Camp for our campus students attending K-5th grade levels. This program will be beneficial with STEM hands-on enrichment kits and materials designed for each grade level that will boost students’ creativity and innovative skills.
HSA – SL STEM 2019-2020 Summer Camp will be held online starting Monday, June 22nd, 2020 through Friday, June 26th, 2020 using Google Classrooms. Classes will be held in 2 sessions, Session one from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and session two from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Your student will be assigned either session 1 or 2 based on first come first serve. Please click here to submit the Google form by Tuesday, June 16th, 2020 to place your student’s name on the list of children who will attend 2019-2020 STEM Summer Camp. As mentioned enrollment is based on first come first serve and we will NOT be able to take additional students once we meet our cap, therefore please do not wait until June 16th to sign up. HSA – SL will inform you via email by June 19th, 2020 if your student is accepted into the camp based on first come first serve.
Expectations for HSA – SL 2019 – 2020 Distance Learning STEM Summer Camp
- STEM Summer Camp is free, 5 days long, and accepting students from K-5th grades on First Come First Serve basis.
- Students MUST attend all Google classroom sessions and virtual reflection and showcasing activities.
- Parents MUST be available between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm depending on the session assigned to your student. NO, you will not be allowed to choose the session times as it is on a first come first serve basis. Parents MUST be available to assist their students while they are online.
- Individual STEM Kits will be provided to each student and MUST be picked up from HSA – SL campus during the designated days and times. No EXCEPTIONS! Please honor the designated day and time scheduled for pick up. Students MUST be able to work independently with these kits while receiving guidance from their STEM teachers via google classroom and under their parents’ supervision.
- Students who need chromebooks will be provided chromebooks from campus during the STEM kits distribution days/times and students will need to return chromebooks at the end of the STEM Camp. Chromebooks belong to the school and MUST be returned in the working condition that they were received.
- STEM kits are for students to keep.
HSA – SL 2019 – 2020 STEM Summer Camp Schedule
Please note that parents MUST be available to supervise and assist students each day.
9:00 am – 10:00 am: Teacher Instruction for lessons/activities (online with a parent, teacher, and student)
10:00 am – 11:00 am: Students work on their projects independently under parents’ supervision
11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Students reflect and showcase their work online with their peers, teacher, and parents
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Teacher Instruction for lessons/activities (online with a parent, teacher, and student)
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Students work on their projects independently under parents’ supervision
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Students reflect and showcase their work online with their peers, teacher, and parents
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please contact our 2-5 Academic Dean, Mr. Damirov at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSA – SL Administration